• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy s6 data problem

Hannahs2

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
Was wondering if anyone knows a good program for this. I'm trying to recover a few important text messages that got automatically deleted from the message limit. My Galaxy S6 is not rooted and a lot of programs seem to require a rooted phone to access any deleted data.

I tried Dr. Fone but it gets stuck at 90% when analyzing the device while it constantly reboots my phone.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

All text messages are stored in a single mySQL database, which is used and old records(messages) are deleted from that single database. So any app they tries to recover deleted files won't work for this anyway. And the messages database is in system, so root would be required.

Your carrier will have a record of all messages sent and received, but may not hand it over unless you're law enforcement with a warrant. Depending on where you are, what country and jurisdiction, could be worth enquiring with your carrier about it though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones