• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S6 Edge failed to play video and audio

medo00781

Lurker
Apr 28, 2015
I have a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which is using android lollipop 5.0.2 and suffer from the following problems.

Video problem:
I could not watch any video in my device.
In Facebook application and got this error “failed to play video an unknown error has occurred".
YouTube app. got this error "there was a problem while playing touch to retry".
Gallery video even if it has been recorded by the camera earlier.

Audio problem:
I’m not able to play any music, got this error “sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file." and this file is the "Over the Horizon" song which came with the device.
When i go to the settings to change the ringtone I am not hearing any sound for all them.
I did not put the phone in silent mode but no sound for any received calls, notifications or SMS.

I tried everything i know to solve this issue, I done all of the following but it does not works:
Clear the cache memory.
Uninstall all the application from the device.
Factory reset.
Update software.

The only thing work with me is to restart the device but it will not solve the problem permanently, it will happen again after few hours.

I would appreciate if any one helps me in this regard.

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which is using android lollipop 5.0.2 and suffer from the following problems.

Video problem:
I could not watch any video in my device.
In Facebook application and got this error “failed to play video an unknown error has occurred".
YouTube app. got this error "there was a problem while playing touch to retry".
Gallery video even if it has been recorded by the camera earlier.

Audio problem:
I’m not able to play any music, got this error “sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file." and this file is the "Over the Horizon" song which came with the device.
When i go to the settings to change the ringtone I am not hearing any sound for all them.
I did not put the phone in silent mode but no sound for any received calls, notifications or SMS.

I tried everything i know to solve this issue, I done all of the following but it does not works:
Clear the cache memory.
Uninstall all the application from the device.
Factory reset.
Update software.

The only thing work with me is to restart the device but it will not solve the problem permanently, it will happen again after few hours.

I would appreciate if any one helps me in this regard.
Step 1: Open File Manager
Step 2: Click More
Step 3: Click Show Hidden Files(delete any files that say .Nomedia)
Step 4: Restart your device
Step 5: Enjoy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones