• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy s6 embedding pictures in email - why?

sfs27040

Lurker
Oct 6, 2017
Hi,
First time post. I have a Galaxy s6 that just recently has been doing this. When I select a picture from Gallery or Photo and Share to an email (Outlook or Yahoo) it attaches the photo already opened up within the body of the email. Previous to this week it would show up as an attachment. I thought I changed some setting but others in my office are having the same issue. Seems like there was an update in the last week of so that may have changed something. I've looked pretty deep into the setting but can't find anything giving me an option to "Attach Attachment" vs "Embed image" in email.
I've gone back several pages on this forum to see if it was mention but I did not see anything so sorry if this has been answered already.
Galaxy s6
Update 7.0

I'm quite sure this has nothing to do with a desktop client.

I've been using the Outlook app on my previous phones (S4 & LGG4) for a while and all the photos I sent via email were as attachments. They appear as attachments during message composition phase on the phone and are received as attachments on my desktop client. About a month ago I started using an S6 and my photos are now embedded in the emails, while I'm composing them. I cannot get them to attach as before. I now receive them embedded on my desktop client. In my mind this points to the updated Outlook app which I recently installed.

Subsequent to my post yesterday I tested the default email app on my S6 and the photos are attached - not embedded.

Upvote 0
Some Feedback:
I updated the Outlook app on my S6 over the weekend and I'm now able to attach photos from Whatsapp and my galary. They are received as attachments on my desktop client. However, when I try attach a photo from within the Outlook app they remain embedded and are received embedded.

I await the next update...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones