• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S6 G920I randomly restarting / getting stucked

Hello guys!

I am encountering an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I. The phone suddenly started to restart on its own every 30 seconds or so. After some restarts the phone started to get completely stuck in a randomly time matter, and the only way to take it out of there is by doing a hard reset (volume down + power buttons).

I tried everything. Did wipe cache and factory reset in recovery mode, flashed a new stock ROM with Odin several times but it is still doing that.

The stuck issue also happens on screens like "installing update" or "erasing", after doing the ROM flash with Odin.

Any thoughts?

Hello guys!

I am encountering an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I. The phone suddenly started to restart on its own every 30 seconds or so. After some restarts the phone started to get completely stuck in a randomly time matter, and the only way to take it out of there is by doing a hard reset (volume down + power buttons).

I tried everything. Did wipe cache and factory reset in recovery mode, flashed a new stock ROM with Odin several times but it is still doing that.

The stuck issue also happens on screens like "installing update" or "erasing", after doing the ROM flash with Odin.

Any thoughts?

1.) Have your device been rooted at any point?
2.) Have you checked to see if it's an update for your device?
3.) Have you checked the battery to see if it functioning properly?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones