• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S6 hangs on sprint image after build.prop edit...

Tiribulus

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
Hi folks. I have a Sprint Galaxy S6. Stock Marshmallow 6.01, rooted, with TWRP recovery and X-Posed. I just added a couple lines to the boot.prop file and it now it hangs on the Sprint logo and won't start. I can't even find the file in the TWRP file manager. I do have a copy of the original in a folder in the storage area.

It would be just tremendous, if somebody knows how to fix this.

Thank you very much.

The only system directory I can find in the / in TWRP has nothing in it. I figure if I could copy and replace the edited file with the original it would fix this, but I can't find the system folder with the build.prop file in it.

The first time I added some stuff to the build.prop file, I didn't touch the permissions and it worked fine so I didn't this time either. Used ES File exploiter. I don't know if its's a permissions thing or if the edits are stopping the phone from booting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones