• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy s6:screen glass liquid leak. display perfectly fine.

sheherry

Lurker
Jul 20, 2016
my galaxy s6 suddenly stared leaking liquid from the top of the screen. but it wasn't from the display. and when the liquid dried up a bubble of sort appeared. how can i fix it?
view

I'd surmise from that picture, that if it's not a screen protector, is that the backing has come away from the glass, and the liquid is a solvent from the adhesive that holds it together. And only fix is to replace it I think.

Has the phone got excessively hot at all, like overheating, that might cause the adhesive to breakdown like that?

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
This will give you an idea of what's needed.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S6+Teardown/39174
For Samsung service to do it, probably very expensive. But I think a competent third-party phone repair tech might be able to do it.

Frankly this is the first time I've seen anything like this happening with a Samsung, especially one that's still quite new, S6. I've seen something similar happen with an old Fujitsu laptop, where the glue that fixes the screen bezel had apparently decomposed, and oozed a semi-liquid gooey sticky residue all around the screen. Also an Oppo Find 7 phone where the glass backing bezel had come away a bit, but that was impact damage, and wasn't oozing any liquid.

Could be a duff batch of Galaxy S6, that used bad glue that's unstable over time.
It's not under warranty is it? Have you been cleaning the screen and phone with any liquids or aerosols at all?

http://androidforums.com/threads/problem-in-mobile-screen.1049540/
"I cleaned my screen by perfume"....OK!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones