• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S6 stuck in boot loop-can't get it to reset

My S6 was working perfectly when I went to sleep 2 nights ago. Then, when I woke up it was boot looping... I've had several Samsung phones and never saw this before!
I took to Verizon and to Axiom Repair, and nobody could get it to reset. I got a new phone, but I still want to try to recover some pics and vids.
Would it help if I take the back off and remove the battery completely?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Tom

We've tried all of that, including partition wipe and factory reset. The phone just keeps going back to looping with no way to shut it down till the battery goes dead. I spoke to a phone tech today who said sometimes the battery is the culprit. He indicated there is a chance that replacing the battery may make it respond. It's true that the battery had been getting less able to hold a charge in the last 6 months...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones