1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy s6 wont boot into recovery mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reddiot, May 25, 2017.

1. reddiot

reddiot Lurker

I forgot my password and I looked up what to do, many say that a hardreset is the only solution since I use the same pw for all accounts, as my google account and such. Now when trying to hardreset, by going into recovery mode and wiping all data and so on, I cant even get into recovery mode. Download doesnt work eiter. My phone is SM-G920F and all buttons required work (volume; home and power button).
    Please help

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So what happens when you do try to boot into recovery, and have you ever modified or attempted to modify the phone software (especially attempted to flash a custom recovery)?

And just for completeness, how exactly are you trying to get the phone into recovery mode?

3. reddiot

reddiot Lurker

I have modified many phones, by flashing custom roms/rooting devices exchanging flex cables/batteries and such so Im quite familiar with modifying android devices.
    Now for completeness, I try to get into recovery mode by turning off the s6, then holding the volume up, power and home button. I also tried using volume down but nothing works. The "Samsung Galaxy S6" appears and then the "SAMSUNG" logo which is fading into the complete logo, if that makes sense. There's no confirmation that Im trying to boot into the recovery or anything. I have no idea what the problem could be

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hmm, it's a long shot but maybe leave it turned off for a minute or two (I've read some people say that may help with a S6, don't have one myself to test/verify). It's all I can think of, given what you've said.

5. reddiot

reddiot Lurker

Doesnt work either unfortunately. Thanks though

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews