1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Galaxy S7 blank screen will not turn off or on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Arty2000, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Arty2000

Arty2000 Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2016
    Hey guys,
    I have had my S7 for a few days and am still learning the differences with my S5. I was mucking around with the selfie function and took a picture. I then clicked the bottom right to review the picture but it wouldn't respond. I got frustrated and locked the phone just as it decided to open.

Then what happened was my phone would not unlock. It would not charge. It would not respond in any way when trying to turn the power on or off.

I managed to somehow fix this buy holding power-home-volume DOWN button. A screen popped up warning me about installing other OS and to hit volume up to continue or volume down to cancel and restart phone.

After hitting volume down my phone restarted and was back to normal.

I have a feeling this was some error due to the fact I had a SD card installed and the pictures were set to save to that? But that is just a guess. It seems to be functioning fine now.

I'm going to use this method if my Galaxy S7 is unresponsive again. Just writing this post to help anyone out. Let me know if it helps!

Advertisement

2. Honganen

Honganen Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2016
    Female
    Hey Arty2000,

My son's S7 also would not respond when he tried turning it on this morning after it charged overnight. Throughout the day, as his S7 sat on the counter waiting for me to diagnose the problem, the phone would beep when it received an email, text, or voice message. But I could never get past the blank screen.

Thank god I found your post! I followed your "fix" (also receiving the warning about installing other OS) and voila!.....his phone was back to normal. Thank you so much for posting! By the way, his S7 does not have a SD card installed, nor was he trying to install one.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.