1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S7 Constant Notification Sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nedidark, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Nedidark

Nedidark Lurker

So I just got the Samsung Galaxy S7 and it is my first android phone. Every 15 minutes my phone plays the notification sound and if my phone is muted it vibrates instead. My notification reminder is turned off. I have also tried restarting my phone and shutting it on/off. Help is appreciated thanks!

2. Irish Chef

Irish Chef Lurker

It happens to me too but every minute. I called support they said ask ATT dealer or Best Buys reps. What's up w/that?

3. Nedidark

Nedidark Lurker

Maybe its some kind of bug? I'll get it checked out, thanks.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Look under Accessibility settings,the culprit could be there..............

5. Nedidark

Nedidark Lurker

I have checked,but still nothing.

6. IRB

IRB Lurker

I have the same problem, 3rd android phone and never had anything like this until on my old S4 I updated the software. Following that I was getting notifications for just about everything. Finally found a fix in accessibility, vision, notifications. Vision ffs, why vision? Tried the same with the new S7 Edge, no good. I have just tried this and so far so good; Lock screen and security, Notifications on lock screen, all apps, set to off, scrolled down and enabled message only. As I said, so far so good. Thanks

7. Irish Chef

Irish Chef Lurker

Go to settings, personal, accessibility, under more settings go to notification reminder hit this to turn OFF. This should work!:)

8. Tweetie27019

Tweetie27019 Lurker

This worked for me -- thank you so much!! (Settings, System, Accessibility, Notification Reminder). This started after an update -- reminder tells you when you have unread message. Easy to fix ONCE YOU KNOW HOW and have tried everything else! :)

9. Uffe

Uffe Lurker

If you store your telephone together with credit card (with NFC-blipp function) it seems to appear notification sound. Turn of "NFC and payment" under settings.

10. Jack Bloem

Jack Bloem Lurker

Same problem. When I noticed it was only happening in my wife's car, I suspected Bluetooth. Sure enough, he Honda kept trying to connect. I turned Bluetooth off and it stopped immediately.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews