• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S7 Edge - Battery Life Improvements and Not Exploding Your Phone

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Conserving battery life is important and in the Galaxy S7 user manual, Samsung provides some "official" tips on keeping your phone alive the longest. Here they are:

Reducing the battery consumption
    Your device provides various options that help you conserve battery power.
    • Optimise the device using the Smart manager.
    • When you are not using the device, switch to sleep mode by pressing the Power key.
    • Activate power saving mode.
    • Close unnecessary apps.
    • Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
    • Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
    • Deactivate auto-syncing of apps that need to be synced, such as emails.
    • Decrease the backlight time.
    • Decrease the screen brightness.
    They also provide an official warning to not use 3rd party chargers or your phone could explode, so next time you see a "Some dude's Galaxy S7 explodes" article on the interwebz... you were warned.

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 12.46.28 PM.png

Isn't smart manager just the Samsung version of Clean Master by Cheetah Mobile?

If yes, using it is pointless.
    Yeppers & a good reason to root.
    Samsung mentions they've leaned up TouchWiz a bit by having some of the features separated into apps,which are easily disabled,or just uninstall altogether.
    That's a nice start,but,not really much of a difference from what they have now.
    Making Knox & SmartManager aka Cheater Mobile spyware removable would do wonders for performance & battery life.

Sure,Knox may be nice for enterprise,but seriously,how many people use it ?
    Enough to make it standard equipment? I seriously doubt the numbers support that.

Reactions: tube517
    Upvote 0
    So the 7 Edge will come with a fast charger? Cause now on my HTC M9 I bought a Quick Charger 2.0 wall charger off Amazon that I use. M9 didn't come with a quick charge 2.0 charger. But I want to have an extra fast charger at work will the quick charge 2.0 one work or can I order another same charger that comes with the phone? Sorry I am going from HTC to Samsung and this is all new to me. LOL! Thanks!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones