1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy S7 Edge Boot Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dyno S, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Dyno S

Dyno S Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Folks I just recently tried to root my phone only to be unsuccessful causing me to have to flash the phone with its factory firmware and as I played around with the phone for a little bit since I flashed it (earlier today) I'm just now taking notice that when it boots up to my main screen with my wallpaper and icons that for about 2 or maybe even 3 seconds I basically have only my wallpaper before the icons and everything else pops up. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Been a while since I originally got the phone but for some reason I am almost positive that straight out of the box that the icons, clock, etc etc would pop up a lot faster. Any ideas on this?

Advertisement

das23489679 likes this.
  2. James L

James L Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Quite possibly could be normal, or a delay that could possibly be fixed by wiping the cache or a factory reset.

How did you fail in rooting the device?

3. Dyno S

Dyno S Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Sorry for my delay in reply here. After your post I took a wack at it and tried to do just that only to discover something a bit strange. When booting into recovery mode and going to perform a factory reset, wipe cache, etc etc, the phone would normally reboot on its own. However what happened after selecting that it scrolled a few things like NO SKU or something along those lines and went back to the recovery screen. I had to select that I wanted to reboot rather than the phone doing it on its own like it would normally do when performing such task.

Upon reboot, it was the normal insert sim and go through the initial setup, etc etc, but upon boot up sadly it still had that delay for the icons, clock, etc to pop up on screen. I've honestly given up on trying to fiddle with it and gave it to a family member that plans to use it towards trade in value for a Galaxy Note 8.

I will honestly miss the phone given it was my very first smartphone after I cut off my landline service.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.