• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S7 Edge Reset Issue

Stenny

Lurker
Aug 17, 2016
I've been having this issue also. I have tried to contact my carrier and they seem to "have never heard of this issue before." Option was to get an insurance claim which I would have to pay money on bc of a defective phone, I guess.

I have tried these helpful hints I've seen on here and if I delete an app to see if it helps, it's kind of a hit and miss. For the fact that it doesn't happen all day long everyday.

To where my issue is, it seems to be constantly doing this to me for about 4 hours or more in a span of every 3 minutes. So far typing all this, my phone has reset 4 times. Its not like the phone goes to sleep and I just have to swipe to open it back up. I use a fingerprint to unlock, when this reset happens, it asks me to enter my 4 digit security PIN since my phone restarted. It doesn't completely cut off, it just goes to the lock screen (and also lags really, really bad) and enter my PIN instead of my fingerprint.

Before and after, phone acts totally fine. Also, have noticed that my notification bar doesn't operate correctly during this. I'll go to drag down the menu from the top, it may work, it may take a whole minute to drop down.

I'm completely at a loss and don't want to pay for a claim on a phone when I haven't damaged it.
Screenshot_20160817-105042.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones