1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S7/Edge U.K. sim free, unbranded, cost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ironass, Feb 23, 2016.

1. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Price in the U.K. as quoted by Samsung for outright, sim free, purchase is...

Model Galaxy S7, SM-G930F, Global = £569.00, USD$802.78, €729.56

Model Galaxy S7 Edge, SM-G935F, Global = £639.00, USD$901.54, €819.31

Source.

KOLIO and Snakeyeskm like this.
  2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Had a chance to play with an s7 today for a couple of mins... And i was thoroughly unimpressed with it... Can't comment on performance.. Seems snappy enough.. But for those looking at a premium device it doesn't feel premium at all....

Again I'm judging a book by its cover... But at this price I don't want a cheap pulpy paperback

KOLIO likes this.
  3. psionandy

Where?

[​IMG]

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  4. ironass

Hiya Snakeyeskm! There is life after death. ;)

I would not have an AT&T, "cloneware", phone if they were giving them away with packets of sweets/candy!

World's most bloated phone with AT&T's, "cloneware", instead of stock Samsung firmware. Locked down bootloader that, if not at first, will be un-rootable later and lack of updates.

Since the subsidy has been dropped, there appears to be only USD$15 between the AT&T and the unbranded, sim free, model that will be on stock Samsung firmware and no locked bootloader and rootable.

Of course, I could be wrong and now that the AT&T and Verizon minority models are no longer subsidised, they could have no carrier bloatware, an unlocked bootloader and never receive a future update that makes them unrootable... but I wouldn't bet on it! :D

5. ironass

Oh dear Snakeyeskm, you have finally been assimilated by the Borg!

[​IMG]

KOLIO and Snakeyeskm like this.
  6. psionandy

At the moment I'm using a Oneplus One as my main phone, and a Note II as my media player......

(prior to that had a couple Huawei and a Sony xperia, Before that it was windows Mobile all the way...... )

7. ironass

Glad to see you recovered and got better. ;)

Snakeyeskm and psionandy like this.
  8. ironass

That's no dog! That's Basil Brush... a fox. BOOM! BOOM!

Snakeyeskm and psionandy like this.
  9. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

Hey Ironass been a while, been so busy. So tempted to get the S7 Edge love the SD card is back, also love that we have simple universal option for Dual sim, very handy for me when I go back to Brazil. Yes i could buy it there. But will have better support for model here. The only thing that could tempt me away is the Google Modular phone. If it ever gets released.

#9 Riche101, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    ironass likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews