1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Galaxy S7 Edge wi-fi issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Oremac, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Oremac

Oremac Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    Male
    Apparently the Galaxy S7 Edge does not like it if you have the same SSID for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks on your wireless router. Until I gave my 2.4GHz network a different name, wi-fi on the S7 Edge would constantly stop working and/or disconnect. Strangely having both networks with the same SSID never caused an issue before with any of the other multitude of devices in my household, including a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Advertisement

svim likes this.
  2. lmadison

lmadison Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2016
    Male

3. lmadison

lmadison Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2016
    Male
    I have both SSID for 2 and 5 on my router and have no problem with WiFi dropping. I have a LinkSys ac router.

4. Titansfannatl

Titansfannatl Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    I just noticed that if my bluetooth is on but no device connected the phone will have a problem with staying connected to my wifi. Im just upgrading from an s5 without the newest update installed on it because I didn't want to remove all my apps just to update it. So I'm not aware if this is a common issue or not. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a common problem with a fix available or is this something that I should return my phone for. I have an s7 edge by the way.

5. Oremac

Oremac Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    Male
    I have a Linksys EA6200. I have no problem with Wi-Fi with Bluetooth turned on and no Bluetooth device connected.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.