• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S7 Password Not Working

mikejohn11

Lurker
Apr 10, 2016
We just got an S7 on Friday. I set the phone up and it transferred information over from an old S4. The password to unlock the phone quit working and I thought it was something that I had done. The last app installed was MobileIron@work. SO thinking it was a glitch with that app I did a factory reset and loaded everything back on minus MobileIron. We are on the 2nd day using the phone and now the password again says it's incorrect. We were using the phone 5 hours ago and now the password is rejecting. Has anyone heard of an issue with this. I have tried Google Device Manager and it connects to the phone but won't let me change the lock password. Any advice before I factory reset again?

Reactions: alabamara
Likely you need to get in touch with your tech support at work. I would guess that mobileiron is doing something to your password, potentially changing it... I have not used mobileiron myself, but I do know that it has the capability of pulling down company policies etc and enforcing them on your phone. I also have a company phone, but made up my mind that reading company email on my phone was not worth the hassle of mobileiron. I set up my Calendar in Outlook to auto sync with google calendar in order to get all of my work calendar entries synced with my phone which for me was enough.

Upvote 0
Again though, this is likely a problem with your company and their policy, not the phone itself. I am no mobileiron expert as I said before. I also prefer to root my devices, so that kind of ruled that out for me. In any case, you need to continue working with your company. They are pushing a policy that is changing something on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones