1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy S8 Flashing Firmware Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clayton Aughe, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Clayton Aughe

Clayton Aughe Lurker

Hello All,

So, I will start at the beginning, so on Friday morning my wife's S8 did some sort of update during the night an she woke up to it vibrating like crazy. Well it came to a screen called maintenance boot mode that had 4 options, start normally, factory reset, safemode, or turn off phone. Well I did the first thing and tried to see if it would just boot, and to no avail. It was in a loop of the Samsung galaxy s8 powered by android screen. Finally figured out how to get into this menu again and turned it off. Next I went into recovery mode and wiped the cache partition and tried restarting it and same issue. I was able to get into download mode and use Odin to flash her current firmware with its newest October update keeping her data, and all it does is go to the installing update screen and freeze. But, one of three different things happen here. It will freeze on the installing message, or make it to 25% and say error, or 32% and just freeze and eventually restart. I have flashed her phone quite a few times now and can't seem to get it to remotely even act like it wants to start the OS, or even perform the "update". What am I missing? I have ended up using a non home csc just to wipe her data and start fresh, and no luck there either. I have included a few pics to show you some of the issues. Thanks.

P.S. I can't get any other menu now besides the maintenance one or just download mode. Recovery no longer will come up.

[​IMG]

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Clayton

Advertisement

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Well you can try reinstalling the os from pc

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

sorry if you can't get to recovery to wipe or do factory reset ( or even download mode), i'm not sure what else you can do at this point. it sounds like your partitions are corrupted. do you have insurance?

4. caughe84

caughe84 Lurker

We were fortunately up for upgrade and did that. I was just wanting to mess with it to get it running.

5. caughe84

caughe84 Lurker

I can get to download mode.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

well then odin should work for flashing firmware. are you using the correct firmware?

7. caughe84

caughe84 Lurker

I think I am I found this one

SM-G950U_1_20191002142514_wjq2il89j2_fac

8. caughe84

caughe84 Lurker

I think I am I found this one

SM-G950U_1_20191002142514_wjq2il89j2_fac

9. Clayton Aughe

Clayton Aughe Lurker

This is the one I got downloaded for the S8

1.jpg

10. ocnbrze

where did you get it? sammobile? who is your carrier?

sammobile is the best place to go for samsung firmwares IMHO.

11. caughe84

caughe84 Lurker

12. Clayton Aughe

Clayton Aughe Lurker

Also the carrier for the phone is verizon

13. Clayton Aughe

Clayton Aughe Lurker

So I downloaded the current verizon gs8 firmware from sammobile, but ODIN is failing almost right away when attempting to flash this firmware.
    Right after file analysis it immediately fails no matter what I do.

Capture.JPG

14. caughe84

caughe84 Lurker

So I think what's needed is to re partition this phone. My issue is that I've read how to get the PIT file from the CSC file but once I go to extract the zip file I create, it wants a password. Are pit files available online?

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews