• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S8 - How to send SOS messages

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com
The Galaxy S8's SOS feature makes it easy to notify a trusted contact when you're in danger. Let's hope you never find yourself in a position to use it, but it's better safe than sorry.

Like most good things in life, there's a little bit of setup involved.
  • Go to Settings
  • Tap Advanced features
  • Select Send SOS messages
  • Turn the switch to ON to enable the feature.
  • Specify recipients to receive the message, as well as any text, photos and audio recordings you also want to attach to the message.
Once you're done, tapping the power button 3 times will then activate the SOS message.

The Galaxy S8's SOS feature makes it easy to notify a trusted contact when you're in danger. Let's hope you never find yourself in a position to use it, but it's better safe than sorry.

Like most good things in life, there's a little bit of setup involved.
  • Go to Settings
  • Tap Advanced features
  • Select Send SOS messages
  • Turn the switch to ON to enable the feature.
  • Specify recipients to receive the message, as well as any text, photos and audio recordings you also want to attach to the message.
Once you're done, tapping the power button 3 times will then activate the SOS message.
My S8 (verizon) doesn't seem to have this option.

Upvote 0
My S8 (verizon) doesn't seem to have this option.

I know carrier models sometimes remove core features for whatever reason, but would Verizon remove the SOS feature? It could seriously save someone's life.

Maybe it's buried inside another menu or setting? It should be in Advanced Features right in between the "Swipe to call or send messages" and "Direct share" settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones