• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S8 Keyboard

Recently the keyboard has changed.

When I use the keyboard whilst the phone is in landscape mode I get the usual computer keyboard layout where all the letters and numbers have separate keys. This is as before.

When I use the keyboard whilst the phone is in portrait mode I get a keyboard similar to a phone keypad with, for example one key for the number 1 and the letters a, b and c. This involves multiple presses of a key to get certain characters. This is NOT as before.

How can I get the more useful keyboard restored for use whilst in portrait mode?

Oh, that sounds very unpleasant!

I can't help with your S8 keyboard specifically, but keyboards in general have settings you can adjust.

I'd suggest starting in system settings and locating keyboard settings. Then explore them until you find something(s) pertaining to portrait mode. You should find the culprit there.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones