• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy SII charging changed, different light and message

My Epic 4G Touch gets plugged in before bed and unplugged in the morning to charge overnight. Until two days ago I would go to bed with the red light signifying charging and in the morning the light would be blue signifying a full charge.

Two days ago it changed. Now in the morning it has no charging light at all and says 'battery is fully charged, unplug charger'.

It never told me to unplug the charger before and always had the blue light before.

Do I need to worry about overcharging my battery? I dont know what changed but it has me worried that it is no longer stopping the charge after fully charging or something similar.

Thanks so much for any input.

Nope. No new updates or apps and I've never downloaded any battery mgmt apps or anything even similar to that. I also have no questionable apps of any nature.

The only charger I have ever used is the one that came with the phone.

It's kinda tripping me out. The loss of the blue light even more than the new message. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones