• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy SII Sales Reach 20 Million

That's 20million for the whole family though. Wonder if they would break it down to which model and locations.... Doubtful.

The reason I ask is this. In America, Apple would sell way better since, well, there are more Apple supporters there I suspect. With other places, it might be a more fairer competition where people select based on the specifications. So those numbers might be more representative. Just wondering that's all...

Cheers

Upvote 0
That's 20million for the whole family though. Wonder if they would break it down to which model and locations.... Doubtful.

The reason I ask is this. In America, Apple would sell way better since, well, there are more Apple supporters there I suspect. With other places, it might be a more fairer competition where people select based on the specifications. So those numbers might be more representative. Just wondering that's all...

Cheers

Actually many are getting tired of apple. Quite a few family members of mine back in the states have made the switch from iphone to galaxy s2.

Upvote 0
I think the IP4s is a great phone.... if you jailbreak it :D

We could root SGS2, but we don't need to since it does pretty much everything a jailbroken IP4s can. But some people still like a phone that is easy to use outside the box regardless of what it can potentially do. Many just use the general functions so jailbreaking is not something they would bother with. My mother got the IP4, and she got it jail broken because somebody told her she should do it. But it won't have mattered at all if she didn't jail break it. I suspect asking her to use Android would have been a worse learning curve.

For me, I wanted the SGS2 because it has a bigger screen and the specs were better. But most important, it isn't right that you need to jailbreak something to be able to use the phone to what it can do and achieve. Android is just more open.

Still.... If not for IPhones, non of our smartphones would be the way it is today. And we should be eternally grateful for that. :D

As for Samsung, congratulations. They deserve it for making the best Android phone there is... currently. :D

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones