1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Galaxy sii wont install ROM

Discussion in 'ROM Development' started by uvrays, Nov 9, 2011.

1. uvrays

uvrays New Member

Nov 9, 2011
    I tried searching for the problem I am facing right now but seems like i am the only person this has happened to so far.

For my galaxy sii I rooted my phone using ODIN and CF-Root-SGS2_XW_ODD_KE8-v4.0-CWM4 and SuperClickOne and again did the ClockWorkmod recovery with the GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_4.0.0.2. (Did i miss any crucial step, sorry i am new to android)

I then put the MIUI-1.7.29-SGS2-beta32.zip file on my sd card in the home directory... but when i go to recovery mode and try and install the ROM it just says "cant open /sdcard/MIUI-1.7.29-SGS2-beta32.zip (No such file or directory)". I tried formatting my SD card a couple of times but still the same result... can anyone help pleaseee?

Advertisement

2. happy fun time

happy fun time Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I was having a similar problem with clockworkmod recovery not recognizing my zips (no files found) and not letting me browse either sd card. My phone was bricked and I didnt know what to do. Finally I tried a different recovery, I think it was one from acsyndicate. It worked, recognized my files, and let me browse my sd card. Saved my life cuz my battery was about to die. I would suggest flashing a different recovery.

3. happy fun time

happy fun time Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Also always make a backup before deleting/flashing anything, and make a backup every single time. Better safe than sorry, I learned this the hard way. Epic 4g touch btw