• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Galaxy sii wont install ROM

uvrays

Lurker
Nov 9, 2011
I tried searching for the problem I am facing right now but seems like i am the only person this has happened to so far.

For my galaxy sii I rooted my phone using ODIN and CF-Root-SGS2_XW_ODD_KE8-v4.0-CWM4 and SuperClickOne and again did the ClockWorkmod recovery with the GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_4.0.0.2. (Did i miss any crucial step, sorry i am new to android)

I then put the MIUI-1.7.29-SGS2-beta32.zip file on my sd card in the home directory... but when i go to recovery mode and try and install the ROM it just says "cant open /sdcard/MIUI-1.7.29-SGS2-beta32.zip (No such file or directory)". I tried formatting my SD card a couple of times but still the same result... can anyone help pleaseee?

I was having a similar problem with clockworkmod recovery not recognizing my zips (no files found) and not letting me browse either sd card. My phone was bricked and I didnt know what to do. Finally I tried a different recovery, I think it was one from acsyndicate. It worked, recognized my files, and let me browse my sd card. Saved my life cuz my battery was about to die. I would suggest flashing a different recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones