• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy SIV : 18 reasons to weight

cyprusx

Jan 22, 2012
This is a round up of all the rumors of what we can expect from the S4

Lighter, thinner? (not sure about this, as if they decide to put the S Pen built in, it will be hard to slim down the SIV)
Higher Resoltion
Bigger Screen
2GB ram
built in S pen
More durable
android Key Lime pie
Faster Downloads
Faster Uploads
13MP camera
Higher PPi
2MPS front camera
Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A15
Mali-T658 GPU
non pentile display
longer battery life
Improved Audio quality

18 reasons to wait?

I was weighted down waiting for the OP to notice, but my waiter just arrived and is awaiting my order.

And in response, I would wait for the S5, because it is sure to be better than the S4. Then I think about the S6 and I just know it is gonna be better than the S5, so maybe I should wait for that. Then I think about the S7... ;)

∞/π= this post

Reactions: greenmunky
Upvote 0
Well there's only so far they can take the screen. Once you're into retina territory in terms of the PPI, there's not much point taking it further as all you're doing is increasing processing requirements with no benefit to the average eye. BTW, I suspect like Japan (and China), the number 4 is unlucky for the Koreans so expect a Galaxy SV.

The only other aspect I can comment on is the camera. Unless they're going to follow Nokia (thinking the Nokia 808) and put a bigger sensor in the unit, I think Samsung are better off sticking with 8MP and improving that as well as they can. It's already a great camera, albeit slightly behind the iPhone 5 and trailing the Nokia 920.

Upvote 0
The funny thing is, a lot of those specs were last year's predictions for the S3. I remember the speculation thread went crazy in the run up to the phone's official announcement, and people were suggesting 1080p display, quad core A15 cpu, 2GB RAM etc.

Now those specs are not unreasonable at all, considering that the HTC DROID DNA already has a 5" 1080p display, 1.5GHz quad core krait CPU, and 2GB RAM, and the Nexus 4 also has a 1.5GHz quad krait and 2GB RAM.

I think that the step up to 1080p is inevitable given that HTC have already achieved it, and in an almost identical physical form factor, although maybe not in the S4 unless they drop the pentile displays.

Upvote 0
Well there's only so far they can take the screen. Once you're into retina territory in terms of the PPI, there's not much point taking it further as all you're doing is increasing processing requirements with no benefit to the average eye. BTW, I suspect like Japan (and China), the number 4 is unlucky for the Koreans so expect a Galaxy SV.

The only other aspect I can comment on is the camera. Unless they're going to follow Nokia (thinking the Nokia 808) and put a bigger sensor in the unit, I think Samsung are better off sticking with 8MP and improving that as well as they can. It's already a great camera, albeit slightly behind the iPhone 5 and trailing the Nokia 920.

It would be SIV as SV would be 5

Upvote 0
That is a poorly written article and does not describe what actually was said by samsung. They said they would be testing an additional operating system, and apparently making some lower end phones to run on this os. They are testing this, from what many speculated, because Google is planning on making several new phones, and if their sells dip to low then they could bring the galaxy line to their os. Its not like they immediately going to stop building Android phones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones