• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Spica 2.1 Update?

ccrashh

Aug 18, 2010
Over on the Rogers Redboard, RogersMiranda stated that we should expect the 2.1 update for the Galaxy Spica at the end of August. Well, we are here and there's no announcement.

On the CommunityForums, there is nothing. Called Customer Service and they said nothing is coming.

So, what's the story - are we or are we not getting an official Rogers update to 2.1 for the Spica? Anyone know?

I don't know if this applies but worth looking into, why is it that the brand new Galaxy S as shipped by Bell is updated directly from Samsung? They already have an update available, still a 2.1 as shipped but is still an update and does a full wipe like a major update would do. It uses the Samsung (terribly bloated and mostly useless) Keis app. It doesn't care what network you are on, the serial number I assume is checked so that the right version is used.

Upvote 0
@vikingisson - yeah, I have the instructions to do the upgrade myself. I loaded the Kies mini app and it found the right upgrade. But I would rather have Rogers take responsibility for upgrading their clients. I guess that is too much to ask for.

umm, no, you really want Samsung to do it. Otherwise you might be waiting forever. :) Rogers only brands it and possibly locks things down. The Samsung way is the official way as far as I know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones