1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Galaxy Spica findings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by banna, Jul 27, 2010.

1. banna

banna Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Hi,

I have created this list as a FYI for all the users, where everyone can put their findings about phone features and usage. Just add to this list with the subject in the beginning.

1. Apps: Whenever I use gaming apps the phone by default connects to the web. I got heavily charged by my SP because of that.
    2. Messages: while messaging you can see only those contacts which are stored as Mobile.

-Banna

Advertisement

dj AB likes this.
  2. Lavene

Lavene Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Outside Oslo/ Norway
    Both those issues is either avoidable or fixable:

1. Quite a lot of free apps are supported by advertising. Those adds are fetched from the net. To avoid it either stay clear of apps/ games that require internet access or only use them while on wifi.

2. In the setup for 'Contacts' you can select to 'show all'.

3. rahulvittal

rahulvittal Guest

1) When in-call mode , beware of accidentally touching your ear on the phone. It can mess up the dial-pad as the phone lacks a proximity sensor.
    Solution: Use the screen lock
    2) The battery info on the top-right corner is very , very inaccurate.
    Solution: Download BatteryTime Lite from the Market. Makes it just inaccurate. :p

4. banna

banna Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Yes. u r right. the battery indicator gives wrong indications. I don't know when to charge and for how long. What do u mean by "Makes it just inaccurate", have you tried applications that can solve this.

Btw my battery life is just 1 day. My approx usage is
    - 35 txt
    - 5 calls
    - 1hr browsing
    - Zero mp3
    - 30min games.

Is there anything wrong with the battery itself?

5. marjan1

marjan1 Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Try to use it more conservatively, like i describe here and report how long it lasts.

6. banna

banna Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Sure I will do the same and report how much does it last on conservative usage.

7. rahulvittal

rahulvittal Guest

For you usage it seems slightly low. 1 and half day would be expected. Then again 30 min game does eat up a lot of battery life. I doubt there is anything wrong with the battery. The update to the BatteryTime Lite app is better. Its quite accurate now. :)

8. banna

banna Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Thanks I will try using BatteryTime Lite app.

As a test for my cell, i also did a basic test.

-Charged it fully on 12.50AM 02Aug10 (though there's no indicator that the phone is fully charged)
    - Just to make is a simple voice phone I Used only 2G, Minimum brightness, No Wifi, No game, No mp3
    - 5/6 pictures from the camera, 25 minutes call (total), 40 SMS.

At 5.50pm 07Aug10 it indicated 15% battery life and plug it to charger. I didn't do that, so it got shut off at 7pm (while I was on a call).

Concluding the net timing it comes to almost 5days. Its not bad actually though my small nokia gives me 7 days straight.

9. rahulvittal

rahulvittal Guest

the app I mentioned will let you know when the phone is fully charged.
    And the battery is actually very good :)