• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy/Stock android on behold 2 - It flies!

@ tritran18518, if you're having problems with the ODIN process it might be the USB cable. I went thru similar issues where it was taking a long time (close to an hour) to download and wouldn't even work on certain computers. Buying an after market data cable solved the issue for me.
Odin is kind of weird software. I used it 3 times, first time , it stopped at 5/9. the second time it stopped at 6/9,, and the third time it stopped at 8/9. All three time , i just remove battery, plug it in again, pressed the power button , and every thing is solved.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
awesome!!! does this mean we can now switch to galaxy and keep the behold2 camera and vibration?

if your refering to Notahotshot last reply... then yes and no... its a hybrid made by bh_man where it basically just removes the twiz... but check out that thread.. i would do the hybrid because you get to keep camera and vibrate.. i personally think its a touch smoother and faster

Upvote 0
I'm not getting force closes at all when I use the MMS app. It just won't send any out. I'm using APNDroid and have everything enabled (3G/2G/EDGE) but it still wont send MMS. I don't have a data plan so I'm trying to figure out how to enable just what's needed for MMS so as to avoid data charges. Thanks.

if you don't have a data plan, you can still read the web without paying big fees. use txtfeeder.com to avoid mobile data charges

Upvote 0
I don't know why, but before I redid everything, I tried to download an app. and it works now. So I guess all I needed to do was reboot. It works so good now it's soooo fast. The stock texting doesn't work but I never use that anyhow, I've been using Handcent since it came out, and I love it. That works fine on this rom. I've very thankful though to all of those that figured this out and put up this thread. I was sick and tired of stock BH2. That's not to say they may have a couple updates that makes the stock version cool,but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm looking forward to BH_MAN'S 1.6 and perhaps Eclair for this whenever it comes out. I'm really glad we got one good Dev. that cares about the BH2. If it wasn't for him we'd be screwed, lol. Everyone else is busy making Nexus builds and stuff for the MT3G and the G1 still. I can't say I blame them, I'd love to have a nexus one. I'm just going to save up and get the next version of it. I'm sure in 6 or 8 months there'll be a Nexus two or something like that, and I'll grab that. lol . For now I'm more than happy with my BH2:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones