1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Tab 10.1 - links/buttons not responding?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon Niola, May 31, 2011.

1. Jon Niola

Jon Niola Member
    None

May 26, 2010
    Software Engineer/Web Developer
    Plainsboro, NJ
    Any of you guys ever have trouble with apps not really hanging, but some of their controls not responding on the Galaxy Tab 10.1?

I have had a few occasions where I had to restart my tab to correct this, but from time to time the controls (ie links in maps, reply button in gmail, links on TweetCaster etc) stop responding to clicks even though the app itself works. I can't scroll or click items in the view window, but I can click menu bar options etc.

My guess is these apps are using WebKit for web views and that is where the problem is but not 100% certain and I have not had the chance to hook the tab up to DDMS and experiment yet.

Advertisement

2. cmteirds

cmteirds Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    My Galaxy 10.1 tab stopped. I can reboot but the touch screen is not working. I can use mouse through USB connection. The tablet working well, but the touch screen is not working. When I restart the power on appear a locker bellow SAMSUNG Logo. I have tried reset factore configuration but no solve the problem. Do you know how can I activate touch screen again.?

3. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Not sure if I had the exact same issue, but the other night while reading some news in bed, I dropped the tab onto my chest. When I picked it back up, the touchscreen was unresponsive. The hard keys worked though. I tried to get it to soft-reset by pressing power + volume down, but all it did was change the volume. After a moment of panic, I simply turned off the screen with the power button, then pressed power again to bring up the lock screen. It started to respond again. It may not be the exact same issue I've been hearing about, but it may work for some.

4. EricAtUNC

EricAtUNC Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    Maybe install the update that came out today if you've got the new touchwiz.