• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy tab 10.1 vs puccini

alackman

Android Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2010
london
just thoguht id get your thoughts on this,

I want to get a tablet this summer and as the galaxy tab comes out in the uk on 4th August i have been looking at getting this. I wondered if I would be better off waiting to see what the puccini offers or just getting the galaxy as who knows when HTC will get the puccini out? any thoughts on either?

just thoguht id get your thoughts on this,

I want to get a tablet this summer and as the galaxy tab comes out in the uk on 4th August i have been looking at getting this. I wondered if I would be better off waiting to see what the puccini offers or just getting the galaxy as who knows when HTC will get the puccini out? any thoughts on either?

I have purchased and returned more than one Honeycomb tablet because Tegra 2 just is not strong enough to power the number of pixels on a tablet. It does wonders on my Atrix, but literally every 10" Tegra 2 tablet is just waaaayy too laggy and slow for me to enjoy using. Apparently it doesn't bother everyone though, because plenty of people have it, but personally I'd strongly suggest waiting - I think it's powered by the OMAP 4460 (can anyone confirm?), and the OMAP 4430 is pretty awesome, so I have high hopes for the 4460; the higher clock speed isn't the only difference!

Upvote 0
The scribe feature and the fact it'll run Sense are huge points for me. I want to see what HTC does here.

I have a Flyer. This was my first device with Sense, which took a little while to get used to but it is nice and works well on the larger screen.

The scribe pen is nice, for the few times that I've actually used it. I got it free with the Flyer from BB. However, it would be so much more useful if it doubled as a capacitive stylus. It seems like such an oversight, since I'm sure you could make the tip work for both. The back of it can be used, but it's not better than my finger.

As much as I thought the pen would be great, it's so limited that unless HTC really steps it up with some apps it's not worth spending money on it, and it's not that much of a feature.

Upvote 0
Well, a friend has just picked up a sgt for 400 pounds including a case and keyboard, he thinks he is going to keep his iPad2 so wants to sell it to me. Considering HTC have no announcements for puccini and going by the price of the flyer I can't imagine it us gong to be under 600 pounds. I can't imagine it being released before Sept so I think ill get the galaxy tab and then maybe when Puccini eventually reveals itself make another decision then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones