• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab 2 stuck in bootloop plus charging issues

CEFerris

Lurker
Dec 5, 2015
My Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) GT-p3113 has had issues lately. Two days ago it had issues charging, and because the cord I was using was a bit old, I got a new one (One that came with other Galaxy Tab 2 I had) and it charged fine for a bit. Then the charging issues came up, it would jump from 22 percent up to 100 percent in a blink of an eye then while still charging it dropped back to 15 percent. I've had this issue before, and ended up getting the battery replaced by Samsung. My tablet is off warranty. I have used 3 different chargers (1 official, 1 generic one I got off amazon, 1 insigna brand one) and 4 different usb to wall adapters. Amazingly, it started to charge and got to 89 percent, I then turned it off for the night. Yesterday morning I check it and it's at zero percent, I turn it off to charge it and when I come back it's at 2 percent and still charging. I have to boot it into recovery mode in order to get to my home screen, I am able to (Accidentally) open an application for it to crash and turn off. I am unable to even get to the charging screen again, and if I do it automatically crashes. I can't even boot it into recovery mode anymore. The Device feels Ice Cold, even when charging. I have tried every button combination possible. I really don't want to remove the battery because if I remember correctly that will wipe all my data, If that's the only way then... Any other suggestions?

Things I've Tried:
Letting it charge on wall
Letting it charge on a PC
every button combination
Trying to boot it into recovery mode (Worked Once, won't work again)

Notes:
I haven't tried to flash any custom roms
I haven't rooted or tried to root this device
It had a professional fixing by Samsung last year
My Device has a small screen crack, that doesn't affect the touch screen
My device hasn't been exposed to extreme heat or extreme cold
Prior to this I've had no issues with it (Besides the Battery replacement)
It isn't registering on my computer anymore, making it impossible for me transfer my important files to my Ex SD card
The google device tracker says it was last online december 4th, despite getting to the home screen with WIFI on yesterday.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones