• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy TAB 2 vs Galaxy TAB

There are quite a few differences between the two versions.

The 10.1 sports a LED on the rear for use with the camera, as opposed to the 10.2 having none, although, and to be fair, the camera on both are, well, crap!

The 10.2 has a Texas instruments GFX chip as opposed to the 10.1 having a NVidia Tegra 2 installed, which apparently runs faster than the 10.2.

In regards to memory, screen and internal SD space, both models are identical.

To be fair, the only thing that makes the 10.2 more appealing over the 10.1, is as you have correctly stated, the price.

Samsung, unfortunately, have not increaased the spec of the 10.2 over it's older sibling, rather, they have cut the spec back and reduced the price, whereas most other manufacturers have 'also' decreased prices, but maintained spec or increased it.

There 'are' better tablets available, personally, i love my 10.2, it suits me for my everyday use, and is taking place over my laptop for a lot of tasks.

Hope this helps..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones