• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Tab 4 set up issue not connecting to net

A

Android Question

I have just bought a Galaxy Tab 4 and am trying to get through set up but it appears that the tab won't connect to my wifi (wireless - no router etc).
I get to the screen to enter the password for my net connection, then after "Terms and Conditions" screen click "Yes" to enter my Google account info, but instead of taking me to the sign in screen it takes me to a WiFi screen with the "Next" option greyed out and I can't go any further.

It says my connection is strong and the wifi icon has full blue bars, but it won't let me continue.

Any thoughts on how to overcome this?
Thanks
Am

I am confused when you say "wireless - no router" Can you explain? It would also seem you are logging into a router through the phone?? That shouldn't be happening either. Have you configured your router to block devices, if so you will need to add your Tab and its mac address?

These are the steps:-
  1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Connections to select the Connections tab.
  4. Tap and slide the Wi-Fi on/off switch to enable Wi-Fi.
  5. The tablet will automatically search for available wireless networks.
  6. Tap the required wireless network.
  7. Enter the Wi-Fi password, then tap Connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones