• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab A 2019 locked out

LisaAnnDroid

Lurker
Sep 10, 2013
Hello,

I have my mother's Galaxy Tab A from 2019. She passed away last summer and I don't know her pattern to unlock the tablet. I have all of her email and Samsung log-in information for those accounts, but because her tablet isn't on my internet, I cannot use the Find My Device to reset the tablet. I had wanted to keep the tablet intact until I was sure there was nothing on it I needed, but at this point I will even take a factory reset if I can just get it functional. I've tried to do the hold down the power and volume down button then switch to the power and volume up combo, the power and volume down to just power combo, etc. and none of them works to allow me to get to the Android menu to do the reset. I am frustrated I can't open this tablet even with her account information. Does anyone have any ideas of something I can do???

TIA for your help.

Hello,

I have my mother's Galaxy Tab A from 2019. She passed away last summer and I don't know her pattern to unlock the tablet. I have all of her email and Samsung log-in information for those accounts, but because her tablet isn't on my internet, I cannot use the Find My Device to reset the tablet. I had wanted to keep the tablet intact until I was sure there was nothing on it I needed, but at this point I will even take a factory reset if I can just get it functional. I've tried to do the hold down the power and volume down button then switch to the power and volume up combo, the power and volume down to just power combo, etc. and none of them works to allow me to get to the Android menu to do the reset. I am frustrated I can't open this tablet even with her account information. Does anyone have any ideas of something I can do???

TIA for your help.
Some Samsung models need to be plugged into a PC via USB, in order to get to the Android Recovery menu.

So install the Samsung USB Drivers if you don't have them already, and then repeat the steps while you have it plugged in

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
If you try brute-forcing it so many times, it eventually wants to wait half an hour, then an hour, then ultimately after x numbers of attempts it should auto factory reset anyway, but if it's got Google Play Protect enabled, that might cause issues after a reset.

I got a PIN lock on my A03s, and if I incorrectly enter it so many times the phone will auto wipe itself. After three unsuccessful attempts you will see '6 attempts remaining'.

My grandmother's S4 used to be 1234 for a PIN, she didn't want something she couldn't remember since she was 90 at the time.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Hello,

TIA for your help.
If you mother samsung account is registered to the tablet, you can try using samsung find my mobile service. Go to findmymobile.samsung.com, login with account credentials and se if you can remotely unlock or reset the tablet from there. Thanks and best wishes

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones