• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Tab A 7 - no root

Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Steps:
1. Connect your tablet with your host computer
2. Open prompt and locate to your adb folder (platform-tools) and enter
Code:
adb reboot download
If it doesn't work, look at your tablet to see any prompt to allow your host computer
3. Open your Odin. Make sure auto reboot is not checked (but TWRP isn't overridden). Choose AP and locate your TWRP file. You may see secure check failed. Don't worry. Just press and hold power+volume down+home key together and wait for few seconds.
4. Enter TWRP by pressing power+volume up+home key together. You should see the boot screen. Keep pressing these buttons until the boot screen disappears. You should enter TWRP.
5. Locate your memory card. Flash systemmode SuperSU first, go back, and flash padded image as "boot".
6. (Optional) wipe cache and dalvik cache.
7. Reboot
8. It may take a while to boot up
9. Your tablet is rooted.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It's t280
the link that i provided earlier should work then. if you have the time read the guide forwards and backwards. i would also read all the posts in the thread. it usually contains the answers to anything you might run into while attempting to root. the main thing is to be prepared before attempting anything root related. if you have any questions please feel free to ask it here. i do not suggest that you reply over at xda. there is a lot of drama queens over there and sometimes it is hard to get answers posting on the xda forums. we are more friendlier here;)

just remember to read, read, then read so more before attempting root.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones