1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Galaxy Tab E 9.6 SM-T560NU Shows Incorrect Battery mAh

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by KelownaAndroid, Aug 29, 2016.

1. KelownaAndroid

None
    Hi I recently bought my tablet. The box proudly says my tablet has a 7300 mAh capacity battery. So does the Best Buy website.

There seems to be two Galaxy Tab E 9.6 releases...the original 8GB, 1.3gz CPU with a 5000mAh battery like you will find reviewed virtually everywhere

And the one I have where the box says 16gb, 1.2gz CPU and 7300mAh battery.

The problem I am having is my Android Battery stats under settings say I have a 5000mAh battery. Why is that??

This is really annoying. The battery life is great. I don't want to miss out on a potential 2300mAh that my phone is ignoring or shutting down before using.

Maybe it's just a software bug. What do you guys think?

Advertisement

2. DaveKelowna

DaveKelowna Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2016
    Male
    I posted the above. I wrote phone at the end, I meant tablet.

Am I missing out on any battery life or is this just a software glitch. Maybe they forgot to change the bin file when they gave my version of the galaxy tab e 9.6 a bigger battery.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

#2 DaveKelowna, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  3. DaveKelowna

DaveKelowna Lurker
    None

Aug 29, 2016
    Male
    SOLVED

I went to Best Buy to check out the display model of my device. I checked the mAh and it read 7300.

The display device was still running Lollipop when i checked it out. I took the time to do the Marshmallow update in store ( this took forever) and bam...post update read 5000 mAh.

Update Bug. I hope my device is able to utilize it all still. My instincts tell me everything is ok.

#3 DaveKelowna, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016