1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Galaxy Tab in Canada...have some questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harvengure, Apr 24, 2011.

1. harvengure

harvengure Lurker
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Hey guys...not sure if this is the right place for this so please forgive me if it isn't.

Anyway...So I'm considering purchasing a unlocked galaxy tab (7inch one) and using it as a replacement for my cell phone. Looking at all the various rates and plans and such I have been debating changing if not cutting my plan and just going with straight up data and using VOIP.

This is where my questions comes up. How would texting work in this situation? Would I be able to text just as I do now with my phone plan or would I have to do something special?

If I am able to text just as normal, how would this appear on the receivers end? Would it be some 5 digit number or an email of some sort in the 'from' field?

Also...I've been reading conflicting reports of the tab getting honeycomb. Anyone able to confirm or deny this? Again I'll be going with the 7 inch version...I forget what the actual model number is for that one.

Oh yeah, I am on the bell network. Speaking of which, anyone able to confirm the unlocked version would actually work? I dont want to spend $500+ and find out it doesnt work on the network.

Advertisement