1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Galaxy Tab limited to one Exchange account?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DroidDaddy, Dec 26, 2010.

1. DroidDaddy

DroidDaddy Member
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    I just picked up a Verizon Galaxy tab and after setting up one exchange account attempting to setup a second results in a message saying "Account already exists" and it won't let me continue. I need access to four exchange accounts if this is going to useful for me. Anyone find a work-around? Is it the same for all carrier versions?

I can load up a second account on Touchdown, but that still leaves me two short. I really don't want to resort to IMAP for the other accounts since it really sux on our server and seems to drain the battery more. I also need to get the emails quickly so I'd like "push". This seems really bizarre since every other Android device I've heard of can have multiple Exchange push accounts.

TIA

Advertisement

2. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member
    None

May 9, 2010
    KY
    Just click okay and set up the second one it worked fine foe my I just named the second one a different name.

3. DroidDaddy

DroidDaddy Member
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    Here's a screenshot of the message pop-up I get when I try to add a second exchange account. There's no option to click ok, or continue. Do you actually have a Verizon Galaxy Tab or another carrier version?

Attached Files:

4. jkhouw1

jkhouw1 Newbie
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    I jsut tested on mine - i am unable to add a second Exchange or second Gmail account on the stock galaxy tab email client.

I guess if you want this, you need to use some other email client - or setup the second exchange as a POP3 account.

DroidDaddy likes this.