• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Tab S7 question (home screen)

My home screen used to have the icons right up against the edge of the screen, but a couple months ago, an update indented them over 1 inch from the edge.

Is there a way to put them back against the edge?

Also, I hate the way the folders open up now. The window is smaller with fewer icons, and I have to scroll over to see more. Is there a way to fix this as well?

My home screen used to have the icons right up against the edge of the screen, but a couple months ago, an update indented them over 1 inch from the edge.

Is there a way to put them back against the edge?

Also, I hate the way the folders open up now. The window is smaller with fewer icons, and I have to scroll over to see more. Is there a way to fix this as well?
Have you tried swiping them, all the icons should stay the way they are after moving them around..

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I thought I might have to use a launcher, but was hoping against it.
You are using a launcher already, it's just Samsung's (not terribly good) one.

I don't have a recent Samsung tablet so can't check any of this stuff myself. But if you don't have any desktop settings to control any of this stuff then you may have no alternative but to use a third party app. Have you tried pressing and holding on an empty bit of home page, or maybe pinching in, and seeing whether any settings options appear?

My experience of Samsung's launchers on my ancient Note 10.1 and my s21 mean I would not put it past them doing something restrictive and inefficient for their own reasons.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
The Nova launcher didn't work.
.... Have you tried pressing and holding on an empty bit of home page, or maybe pinching in, and seeing whether any settings options appear?

My experience of Samsung's launchers on my ancient Note 10.1 and my s21 mean I would not put it past them doing something restrictive and inefficient for their own reasons.
Yes, I tried. That doesn't work.

It makes no sense why they would take away valuable "screen real estate". I suppose they hired some idiots away from Apple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones