• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy touchscreen response weird?

M

mean_user

Hi All,
Today I had a chance to try both the Samsung Galaxy and HTC Magic as I'm very excited to swap my iPhone 2G eventually for an Android phone.

I was very surprised to find that the response on swipe gestures on the Galaxy was pretty crummy if I compare it to the HTC Magic or my iPhone. I found it to be sticky or delayed or at worst completely unresponsive which meant I had to keep trying to get something to scroll. The Magic did a fine job with this.

Can anyone else confirm this? Any owners out there? Could it be a RAM issue by any chance?

FWIW, I was at the Saturn in Alexanderplatz here in Berlin, Germany.

I was all juiced up to try this phone based on its specs, compared to other current Android phones but I swear even with its most desirable attributes, what's the point of having that much under the hood if I can't scroll happily? I think I'll sooner wait to get my hands on an HTC Hero to compare.

Would love any ideas from anyone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones