1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Galaxy Voice Assistance?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by exitprogram, Jun 24, 2013.

1. exitprogram

exitprogram Well-Known Member

I first flashed Metropolis to my S3 for metro.. But of course I had to try out the nightly CM10 and I love both.

My main concern with CM10.1 is that I no longer have the galaxy voice assist that I use to be able to pull up by double tapping the home button which is galaxies version of Siri.

I love that feature and would like to get it back. So... If I were to use titanium backup to back it up I'd have to restore my backup from metropolis, backup the app, then flash CM10.1 back, then restore the app. First off, im not sure what app to look for to backup in titanium. Second, isn't there an apk I can download to get that app back?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. The android community rocks. We should come up with android gang signs and throw it up whenever we see an iPhone user :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

It wont work on a non-samsung rom (like CM) im afraid. its part of Touchwiz rom :(

Theres 3rd party voice assistant apps in play store though. And Google Search/Now of course :)

exitprogram likes this.
  3. exitprogram

Thanks for the reply. That's bad news tho. Can't have the best of both worlds... Yet.

4. exitprogram

By the way... Which 3rd party app do you recommend if I'm looking for something as good as the galaxy voice assistant?

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

True. Im on AOKP rom and i really miss Multi-Window but its not worth going back to samsung firmware for :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews