• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Wonder wont stay turned on

beecherg

Lurker
Mar 5, 2013
Hi i bought a Galaxy wonder 6 months ago [2year warranty] 2 weeks ago it decided that it would turn off except when pluged into my computer once unpluged it would beep and then turn off although fully charged.
I then took it to place of purchase they sent for repair but i was then told it has water damage to the main board?
the phone always had a case on it and only after having problems i took the screen protector off,i would like to hear if anyone has had simaler problems with the phone?:(

Hi i bought a Galaxy wonder 6 months ago [2year warranty] 2 weeks ago it decided that it would turn off except when pluged into my computer once unpluged it would beep and then turn off although fully charged.
I then took it to place of purchase they sent for repair but i was then told it has water damage to the main board?
the phone always had a case on it and only after having problems i took the screen protector off,i would like to hear if anyone has had simaler problems with the phone?:(

Hello beecherg. Welcome to Android Forums. :)

Well, the whole thing does hinge on how/if moisture compromised the integrity of the device's system. That can happen to phone or tab out there, and quite easily sometimes. Humidity did it to a Droid 3 I helped a friend repair, while other times a device can survive being dropped and completely submerged in dish or toilet water. :D

Heck, if I had that issue I'd just bite the bullet and use the experience as an excuse to save up for another nice new phone, being very careful about keeping it dry, etc. :)

Reactions: beecherg
Upvote 0
Hello beecherg. Welcome to Android Forums. :)

Well, the whole thing does hinge on how/if moisture compromised the integrity of the device's system. That can happen to phone or tab out there, and quite easily sometimes. Humidity did it to a Droid 3 I helped a friend repair, while other times a device can survive being dropped and completely submerged in dish or toilet water. :D

Heck, if I had that issue I'd just bite the bullet and use the experience as an excuse to save up for another nice new phone, being very careful about keeping it dry, etc. :)
I use to be a kmart manager and just hate being ripped off by faulty products,i tell everyone if this is the integrity of Samsung phones i would not buy one again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones