• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy won't turn on

Amy,
What you need to do is press and hold the power button whilst at the same time touching the screen (you may have to wait up to 30 seconds as it clears the system).
You will then notice the battery indicator pops up.
The Tablet will then reboot .
Everything goes back to normal.

If that fails to work ~ Connect the power cable and repeat the above steps.

Awesome Beards!!!!! Thank you this worked

Upvote 0
Thanks Beards,

Have bitten the bullet and taken back to dealer. Samsung say it is knackered needs exchanging.

New topic really, what is supposed to happen when you flash to a new rom? e.g. when it reboots does it stay at black screen until complete or does it switch on to complete flash?

Keith

Depends on the ROM Kieth.
Some go straight to boot up whilst others require further screen updates.

Reactions: cuhkvanessa
Upvote 0
Hi,

even though I think I already know the answer I'll give it a try and hope for help.

I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4 weeks ago, when I was in the US. It worked perfectly up until 2 days ago. It went dead and does not doe anything anymore. I tried everything that was mentioned on this page but nothing seems to work. No lights, no vibrating no nothing.

Plugging and unplugging... nothing seems to help. Touching the screen doesn't do anything either (although I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly).

My hope is that I'm to stupid to follow instructions. It seems that almost all tabs are working again.

I'm not sure if I can just go to a Samsung Service Center in Germany (since I bought the tab in the US)

Please help!

Upvote 0
Hi,

even though I think I already know the answer I'll give it a try and hope for help.

I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4 weeks ago, when I was in the US. It worked perfectly up until 2 days ago. It went dead and does not doe anything anymore. I tried everything that was mentioned on this page but nothing seems to work. No lights, no vibrating no nothing.

Plugging and unplugging... nothing seems to help. Touching the screen doesn't do anything either (although I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly).

My hope is that I'm to stupid to follow instructions. It seems that almost all tabs are working again.

I'm not sure if I can just go to a Samsung Service Center in Germany (since I bought the tab in the US)

Please help!
It does sound as if it is indeed dead.
However, it does not matter where you are. First take the Tab to your nearest service centre and get them to look at it. You should still be able to get this fixed under warranty.

Upvote 0
Well. It seems that my plan doesn't work. Samsung says that they can't repair US tablets because they use different parts. That means that I can't send my tab in.

Any other suggestions? Maybe some trick I haven't tried yet or a place I can take my tab?
That's a new one..... The parts are universal. They are all manufactured in Korea.

Upvote 0
Hello Beards you are a legend,
Your advice (press and hold the power button while touching the screen. May take up to 30 seconds. ) is "brilliant"

Thanks a million
No problem... pleased it worked for you.
If you feel happy enough please leave a Thank You vote. All votes are converted into a charitable sum. :)

Upvote 0
The first time my Tab wouldn't turn on the "power button touch the screen" suggestion worked. Today that wouldn't solve it. First and most important,..,. don't panic.
I went to Samsung and the FAQ. They suggestion a hard reset. I was told I'd lose my data files (I didn't). I did the hardset (read it carefully... it says hold down the power button and hold down the "down" loudness setting button) until you see the words "samsung", then let go the power button, but continue holding down the down volume button until you see the two android icons. touch the up volume button to move to the left ..... yada yada.. did it all... and it reset and I DID NOT lose any data... then I updated the firmware...

Upvote 0
I had the same issue with my tab shutting off and not wanting to turn back on... I used your advice and it not working. can anybody help me please...it new buy .i use it only one day and i dont know how to resolve it

mine was off last night...try to on still cant...try to charge 1-630am still not charge...no indication at all... this morning i google & got 1 solution...hold down on button for 10 seconds until its turn on...i tried twice then its on again like usual...

hope this will help u

Upvote 0
Amy,
What you need to do is press and hold the power button whilst at the same time touching the screen (you may have to wait up to 30 seconds as it clears the system).
You will then notice the battery indicator pops up.
The Tablet will then reboot .
Everything goes back to normal.

If that fails to work ~ Connect the power cable and repeat the above steps.

This WORKS! I tried the hard reset, power/vol up and power/vol down but POWER while rubbing the screen (showing the tablet some loves) seems to have done the trick! Is currently charging and back in use! Thanks AndroidForum! You saved my butt! :)

Upvote 0
This WORKS! I tried the hard reset, power/vol up and power/vol down but POWER while rubbing the screen (showing the tablet some loves) seems to have done the trick! Is currently charging and back in use! Thanks AndroidForum! You saved my butt! :)
Pleased my trick worked for you.

If you feel it was worthy could I ask you to please leave a Thank You.
All Thank You votes are converted into charitable donations.

Thanks
Beards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones