• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Z Flip at Best Buy (We’ll notify you when it’s ready to ship)

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    In scouring around for the Galaxy Z Flip it looks like Best Buy is accepting orders:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...nlocked-mirror-purple/6395790.p?skuId=6395790

But they don't actually have the devices to ship them (at least not in any stores near me).

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 3.20.25 AM.png

Anyone able to buy a Z Flip at Best Buy?

I'd love to see one in person and give it a quick test drive.
    Me too! My Note 10+ is a bit taller than the pocket of my jeans. Typically I set the phone in a central location at work so I can BT tunes no matter where I'm at. My S8+ was just short enough to comfortably carry at work so it was always with me. Now that I'm looking at hearing aids that use BLE to communicate with my phone, closer proximity is going to be a problem I'll have to figure out. I love larger screen real estate so a fold screen is looking pretty attractive. .... easily carried yet lot of screen.

Upvote 0
    Me too! My Note 10+ is a bit taller than the pocket of my jeans. Typically I set the phone in a central location at work so I can BT tunes no matter where I'm at. My S8+ was just short enough to comfortably carry at work so it was always with me. Now that I'm looking at hearing aids that use BLE to communicate with my phone, closer proximity is going to be a problem I'll have to figure out. I love larger screen real estate so a fold screen is looking pretty attractive. .... easily carried yet lot of screen.

Fair points for sure! The square shape is a bit off-putting, but what really matters is how it fits in pocket. There are jeans I wear that I have to be careful when I bend down (and not just cause of the back, lol). Can't imagine those giant phones... And I may end up with s20 plus, so we'll see how much a pain that thing is in pocket. Something that folds may be the answer.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    It is the bending over that's the problem. My Note easily resides in my pocket. I have to bend over, squat down, or even get on my knees to do a lot of my work. That is when I notice that it's just a little taller than my pocket. I would simply use a belt clip case but I'm wearing a full size carpenter's apron that leaves no belt space exposed. I'll likely go a full 360 case of some sort and carry the phone in my apron. Not at all ideal but a work-a-round. My S8+ shot craps just a couple of months too soon. If I could have waited for a replacement, the fold phone would have been under serious consideration for it's carry size. Plus... face it.... it's cool tech! I'm not in the least displeased with the Note 10+ I bought. It does everything I need and does it quite well. It is a cool phone and I'm very pleased with it. Maybe I can influence the little woman to upgrade to my Note :) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones