• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GalaxyS 2 Menu button not working

First post and first query. My friend and I both purchased a GalaxyS2 From UK, we are in Canada. Mine is working very well for me so far. On his it was working well also until the "Menu" button stopped working. It doesn't work any where it is needed. Does anyone have any thoughts on a fix before he sends it back to UK for repair or replacement?

Thank you

Jim

I would try a hard reset to see if that returns functionality.
Thank you for the reply. He has done that twice and still "No menu button" He has backed up before the problem and restored also, still no good. I have a feeling it is a problem with the inner workings. Unless some of the Guru's come up with an answer I think it will have to go back.

Thank you

Jim

Upvote 0
Hi Janddi,

Did you get a solution for this?
Even I bought Galaxy S2 (i9100) here in India first week of June, and have recently faced this problem. Left Menu button doesn't seem to work most of the time, but surprisingly starts working after a few minutes, and then again goes off.

I have tried clearing cache and hard reset of the phone, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: i9100DDKE2
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE8-CL214845
Build No: GINGERBREAD.XWKE8

Regards,
SaN

Upvote 0
Hi Janddi,

Did you get a solution for this?
Even I bought Galaxy S2 (i9100) here in India first week of June, and have recently faced this problem. Left Menu button doesn't seem to work most of the time, but surprisingly starts working after a few minutes, and then again goes off.

I have tried clearing cache and hard reset of the phone, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: i9100DDKE2
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKE8-CL214845
Build No: GINGERBREAD.XWKE8

Regards,
SaN
Hi, He sent it back to UK and it was replaced in a week and half.

Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones