• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gallary Randomly Blinking freak out

judyq

Dec 4, 2011
Hi, I Rooted and it is mostly going well, able to tether. My phone is still a bit sluggish but i think that is just the esteem.

PROBLEM:
My Gallary blinks when I try to open it, basically doesn't work and freezes. It doesn't do this every time. Eventually, i can get out of it. The camera on the phone works. When I go into facebook I tried to upload a photo by clicking on their photo icon, and it started *****ing out like when I acces the gallary. SO, there is something wrong with my gallary or something.

I downloaded photo editor and it is able to access the gallary photos without blinking.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

Hi, I Rooted and it is mostly going well, able to tether. My phone is still a bit sluggish but i think that is just the esteem.

PROBLEM:
My Gallary blinks when I try to open it, basically doesn't work and freezes. It doesn't do this every time. Eventually, i can get out of it. The camera on the phone works. When I go into facebook I tried to upload a photo by clicking on their photo icon, and it started *****ing out like when I acces the gallary. SO, there is something wrong with my gallary or something.

I downloaded photo editor and it is able to access the gallary photos without blinking.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

I would download "gallery jb" from the market, make it a system app, and freeze or remove the original gallery apk.

Reactions: judyq
Upvote 0
I spoke too soon.. Quickpic is working, but, now on Facebook, it is flashing on and off no mater what i'm doing, doesn't seem to be related to pictures, but i was looking at some photos when it started freak ing out just like the galley did. Any ideas?
I'm not sure if your using a custom rom or the stock rom. Assuming your using the stock rom, than I can tell you that it does not handle many apps running in the background well. Especially when your trying to use resource heavy apps like facebook and gallery.

If it was me I would consider installing rom #2 v2.7 witch is much faster and tweaked to handle loads better. It's the best rom for this phone by far.

You can also try something much simpler, like installing the app in this next link that was designed to help eliminate lag. If It doesn't help you, just un-install and no harm done.

Download link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1616509&d=1357316797

Read about the app here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sY2lzLnNlZWRlciJd

Hope all this helps.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if your using a custom rom or the stock rom. Assuming your using the stock rom, than I can tell you that it does not handle many apps running in the background well. Especially when your trying to use resource heavy apps like facebook and gallery.

If it was me I would consider installing rom #2 v2.7 witch is much faster and tweaked to handle loads better. It's the best rom for this phone by far.

You can also try something much simpler, like installing the app in this next link that was designed to help eliminate lag. If It doesn't help you, just un-install and no harm done.

Download link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1616509&d=1357316797

Read about the app here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sY2lzLnNlZWRlciJd

Hope all this helps.

Thanks, i'm not using custom room, i installed seeder but it didn't make a difference, next, the custom ROM you suggested. I'll do it in the morning or I'll be up all night.

My phone does lag a lot with force closes and apps just spinning, like the phone is being asked to do too much. All other apps seem to be working.. I have no games and no music or videos hogging the phone either. Only really big hog app i have is Swype beta (that i know of)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like I have to buy another app to back up rom to compter. Whats up with that.

OK, which one,
My backup pro
titanium
or
Rom manager?

Or??? is there another way... Thks

also, my prob when rooting must be something with video/photos, cause I watched the youtube vid on how to custom rom and it started blinking, oy.. i just want my phone to work and tether and DELETE COMPCAST from my life! :)

Upvote 0
Looks like I have to buy another app to back up rom to compter. Whats up with that.

OK, which one,
My backup pro
titanium
or
Rom manager?

Or??? is there another way... Thks

also, my prob when rooting must be something with video/photos, cause I watched the youtube vid on how to custom rom and it started blinking, oy.. i just want my phone to work and tether and DELETE COMPCAST from my life! :)
You do not need to purchase an app to make a backup. Just install the free app in the link than open it and boot into recovery.

Once in recovery just make a backup. This is called a nandroid backup. This backup will be stored on your phones external sd card. To navigate in recovery use your volume up/down buttons and power button would be the enter button.

The recovery was installed as part of rooting your phone.

....and don't worry, the learning process of all this can be difficult, but once you got it the rest is easy. Myself and others will try to help you the best we can.

Download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...NvbS5zaXJpdXNhcHBsaWNhdGlvbnMucXVpY2tib290Il0.

For an easier way to backup look here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDEsImNvbS5rb3VzaGlrZHV0dGEucm9tbWFuYWdlciJd

For a great guide covering a few things you may need to know:
http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...-friend-rooting-flashing-step-step-guide.html

Upvote 0
Game theory, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have the custom Rom installed and it looks great, and phone seems to be working much better. Let me use and abuse it for a while.

The only thing I don't like is the black background in messaging with white type. My eyes are real sensative and I need white background and black type.. I might just use the mysms that I have, YeTreally don't want to install something else but I well if it's as ez as the Rom. Yeah! Thanks again.:eek::D
I might try another launcher, my biggest problem is im a tweaker and will spend all my time playing on my phone.. till next time!

Upvote 0
Game theory, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have the custom Rom installed and it looks great, and phone seems to be working much better. Let me use and abuse it for a while.

The only thing I don't like is the black background in messaging with white type. My eyes are real sensative and I need white background and black type.. I might just use the mysms that I have, YeTreally don't want to install something else but I well if it's as ez as the Rom. Yeah! Thanks again.:eek::D
I might try another launcher, my biggest problem is im a tweaker and will spend all my time playing on my phone.. till next time!
Glad everything worked out.
Hope you enjoy your new set-up. Good luck :thumbup:

Upvote 0
That wasn't very nice...

I'm pleased as heck!

Im sorry, dont mean to be disrespectful. We just see soooo many people who come in here and ask, and ask, and ask, and ask. Then when they have everything that we have and one of the awesome people on here spend hours helping, they ask for more.

I understand you thanked him, all im saying is reading will do the brain good.

Glad your pleased with your Esteem

Upvote 0
Sk8rgeek ...You are rude. You even laughed at another person in another post who was having trouble, you are forum bully! I READ EVERY POST! All the newbie stuff BEFORE EVER posting, and I tried a lot of the suggestions, I didn't post till I was at a dead end, so sorry I am sick of resetting my phone! I watched tutorials on YouTube, and am still learning, this isn't your private forum! You don't want me to help anyone in this forum... unless it is on a computer, which I do often!

The best I can do is be through in my description of my challenge and come back and post details of what worked or not. THAT IS ACTUALLY HELPING SOMEONE. someone might read my post, as stupid as you think it is and understand a little better because they are able to read what I went through.

I don't ask ask ask, as you so put it, so I don't get it as fast as you, this isn't a private know it all forum, or is it? If the less program oriented people aren't welcome, we will go somewhere else... (and I've been reading posts for over a year, and don't ask much till now.)

Reactions: sk8rgeek
Upvote 0
Again, glad you're pleased with your Esteem.

PS- Yes i did laugh at someone, not someone having trouble, someone who doesnt know how to pick up the manual to learn anything about his device. Like i said with much respect to everyone, including people who are too in depth with electronics, reading does the brain good.

And they wonder why America ranks so low in school compared to Asian kids, they love to read!!

Upvote 0
Im sorry, dont mean to be disrespectful. We just see soooo many people who come in here and ask, and ask, and ask, and ask. Then when they have everything that we have and one of the awesome people on here spend hours helping, they ask for more.

I understand you thanked him, all im saying is reading will do the brain good.

Glad your pleased with your Esteem

Upvote 0
As for a bully, i am far from. I stopped using AF for a few months because of smart ass people who expect people to jump up and help just because they know something about it. How do i know this? Because i have helped probably 30 people at the beginning of all this custom rom stuff. There are soo many guides on this page that no one should have to say anything unless its 1. Funny or 2. a suggestion or problem (which you had in the beginning of the thread, which then lead to something off topic, which makes it harder on the guys at AF because they have to clean these extra threads out)

BTW i was once a noob and asked lots of questions. But that was just a little before there were 2100 threads under the ALL THINGS ROOT.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones