1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gallary using Battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blazin65, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Blazin65

Blazin65 Well-Known Member

When I was checking my phone battery the other day I noticed that the "Gallary" was using a great deal of power, and I didn't even know it was on?

But then I checked applications/running services and it did say the Gallary was running, so I "force" stopped it.

Here's my question: How do you turn the Gallery off from the Gallery screen? I don't see any key or button to turn it off other than going to applications/running services and force stopping it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast

Gallery is a known battery hog. If you are routted you can uninstall it and replace it with Quickpic. If not, just install Quickpic, force close the gallery and don't use it again.

Blazin65 likes this.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Great advice here! ^^

That's exactly what I did... the Cooliris Gallery app that comes with the OpV desperately needs to be updated. It repeatedly set off Watchdog and caused my battery to get super hot. :(

4. jetfactor

jetfactor Member

gallery is horrible. first app i uninstalled when i rooted my phone.

quickpic all the way!

5. Blazin65

Blazin65 Well-Known Member

I guess this was the problem and thanks again for this advice. When I went to bed my phone had 100% of battery. Whey I woke up 8 hours later, it had 97%. That's much better than going to bed at 100% and waking up to 20%.

6. lburgguy

lburgguy Member

Rooted Optimus here but it was so long ago I forget how to find the Gallery app. What app do I find it with as I'd like to do this also. Thanks.

7. Mine's only using 12.00kb? That's not a lot at all?

8. jetfactor

jetfactor Member

so you're saying that you've rooted your phone and have gallery still installed and want to uninstall it? use titanium backup to backup your apps & data, then find gallery using it, and uninstall it. ta da!

9. lburgguy

lburgguy Member

Thanks that's what I did and it worked great but now I see that Quickpic won't post a photo to Facebook like Gallery did. That's a Big feature to not incorporate. Now I may go back to Gallery.

10. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Menu-> Share -> Facebook

11. jetfactor

jetfactor Member

what MacFett said.

quickpic works with FB to UL pics, definitely.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews