1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gallery and Maps/Navigation Heavily Pixelated.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seangum, May 21, 2011.

1. seangum

seangum Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    I just bought a used Optimus V and all looks great except for the Gallery and the Google Maps/Navigation. The gallery screen looks like I have streaks running down the screen, when viewing the gallery as well as viewing individual pictures. Also, the text for the menu items look heavily pixelated/blurred, almost unreadable. In Maps/Navigation, the street names are VERY hard too read, blurry and pixelated. I asked the original owner and he said it was that way from day 1 and he thinks it is normal for this phone. I find that hard to believe, but everything else is crystal clear on the display. It seems only the Gallery and Maps/Navigation exhibit this problem.

Can you guys fill me in? I am ready to return this one and buy another one, but don't want to waste my time if this is normal for this phone. I am replacing a Samsung Moment that doesn't have the problem at all. Gallery/Maps are crisp and clear.

I can upload some pics if it would help. Thanks!
    Sean

Advertisement

2. james391

james391 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    FanBoy
    USA
    This is not normal.can u put up some pictures?

3. lou61166

lou61166 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    Has the phone been rooted,does it have the original stock Rom on it.did you try a factory restore,try the restore,if it does not help,before you spend any money cal VM and explain the issues they are real good at sending replacement phones at no charge.

4. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Maps I never had that problem. Gallery though i hate it's slow and bad quality. Go into the market and get quick pic much faster better res easier to use small size and its free with no ads and they are constantly updating it. But with the nav I've never heard that problem I use it locally but on trips I use copilot live it has no need for connection so if your out where there's no service it still works.

5. seangum

seangum Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    Okay, I have attached some pics that hopefully will clarify what I mean. The real obvious one is the ANDROID boot-up logo. I took a couple pics where you can see it is pretty distorted. Is this normal?

I also took some pics of the gallery, and one of my photos of my son. You can see the lines running through the picture. If I send it to my computer, the picture is fine, but when viewing on the LG, it is pretty grainy/distorted. The navigation picture I took looks better in the picture than it does on the phone, but you can kind of see the distorted characters on the street names.

So is this normal for this phone? I realize there are other apps to download, but I paid a pretty good price for a 100% functional phone. I can return it and get my money back if this is abnormal for this phone. Thanks for everyone's help/comments.

Sean

Attached Files:

6. seangum

seangum Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    Whoops, forgot the navi picture. Here it is.

Attached Files:

7. seangum

seangum Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    Okay, I finally decided to call Virgin and ask about the problem. They said it is NOT normal. They suspect some damage to the screen. However, they are sending me out a replacement since it was still under warranty. Thank goodness. Just wanted to post this in case anybody else runs into the same problem. Thanks for everyone's comments/suggestions. Virgin was SO MUCH easier to work with than Sprint... :)

8. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar
    None

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    Yeah the display is bad you have shifted pixels which makes it look pixelated. you can especially tell by the logo.

Tags: