1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support gallery and web help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redmstng2000, Apr 11, 2012.

1. redmstng2000

redmstng2000 Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2012
    On the gallery built into my Note is a bit frustrating. Am I doing something wrong? When I'm looking at a photo that is horizontal, and I turn my phone side ways to rotate the picture to see it bigger, it automatically resets my screen to the homepage gallery. . . so how am I supposed to rotate and view a image larger?

Also, when I'm browsing the web, and I click out of my screen to go read a text or whatever, and I click on the browser icon again, it starts my browsing all over and takes me to a freshly opened homescreen... how do I fix it to save what I was looking at so I can come back to? or is there a different button to push to open it?

PLEASE advise.
    thanks!

Advertisement

2. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC
    Don't use the stock gallery-it really sucks. I highly recommend QuickPic. The best gallery app

For your browser issue: Hold down HOME button to bring up recent apps. You can go back to your browser page from there.

3. redmstng2000

redmstng2000 Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2012

I just discovered quickpic today - its awesome!! thanks! :)

4. redmstng2000

redmstng2000 Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2012
    another issue I was having with the default browser was if I was holding my phone vertical, then decided to turn it horizontal, my browser would refresh and clear everything I was looking at. -- so I downloaded the Dolphin browser, which i really like so far, and I set it as my default. but when i click the "web" button on the bottom of my screen, it takes a second before my browser opens and it still opens up the default one for just a second. --- is there a better way to default the dolphin browser, so I can open it directly from my web button and it not hesitate before opening?!

thanks!

5. roidroid

roidroid Newbie
    None

Feb 28, 2012
    You need to put the dolphin browser app in place of the stock browser on your dock. Just clearing the data from the stock app or setting dolphin as your default browser won't do it.