1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gallery app reports wrong street

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blake Tranburg, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Blake Tranburg

I have had this problem with my Galaxy S4 and my V10. On both phones, the camera app takes pictures and it would properly report what street I was on. Then in both cases it eventually starts picking random streets in the area that are not the ones I'm on. When I go into settings it shows the proper location that the picture was taken, but when looking at the picture, it always will show a street nearby. They are not necessarily busy/main streets.

I've had this problem happen in other areas too. It bothers me that it did work properly in the past but now it doesn't. I got so disgusted with my S4 that I disabled geotagging. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ExLegionAir

ExLegionAir Well-Known Member

in your location settings is battery saving mode on if so change to high accuracy

3. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

If you live on a off street where Google Mapping car can't access like in a gated community or an apartment complex. Geo tagging will only read the near cross section or adjacent street that can be mapped by Google vehicle. But you will see your address in satellite view because it doesn't need ground street access to view your location.