• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gallery app where you can drag and drop to arrange pictures

D

Deleted User

Hi

I am looking for a gallery app in which I can manually sort my pictures within an album. I do not want to sort by date or time or name I want to sort manually (I.e. my own order). Surely this is possible? I have downloaded about 20 apps so far and none of them do it. I have already created the album in the default gallery app I would now like an app that takes that pre-existing album and allows me to sort the photos by dragging them.

I'm hunting for this I want to be able to create an album and organize the pictures within that album I want them next to each other so that when I worked through I see one right after the other and compare them for which image is better. Is the $5 app the only option? it seems as though this wouldn't be difficult for someone to create an app that does this. Yet I can't find one.

Upvote 0
There are a few apps that have done this over the years. The first was the Samsung s3 stock gallery app. It was beautiful. Currently there are one that will do it. But at a high price. Hopefully that will change soon!

The one we found is great and visual stunning. It also has a free version. The free version has great functionality but amount of photos you can organize is limited to a good, but not unlimited number. (Unlimited needed) Kinda a deal breaker. The pro version is a monthly subscription. Too rich for my blood.

It works like Google photos and creates your photo cloud. Hence the subscription problem. They need crowd sourcing or another app dev to take it from them

Upvote 0
It's not doable once your gallery has 1000 or more pictures. Maybe it's ok for selected folders with a few photos, but if you create a drag and drop feature, you also have to think about the possibility to save the setting because if you accidentally select another sorting option, your previous sorting by drag and drop will be lost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones