• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gallery background blurry photo

Michali

Lurker
Jul 8, 2013
I am new to Android ( really an Apple addict) but love my new Samsung Ace 2. I have found it very easy to set up except for one thing...so far! I know how to change my backgrounds, both lock screen and home screen, but whatever I do, the background to the Gallery is a very blurred photo, probably one of my own photos. I am not even sure how i git it there in the first place! Even if I change lock or home screen photos the background in the Gallery cannot be changed. It is annoying me! Any ideas please?

That doesn't make sense. Are you sure you don't just have a blurred photo selected? :s

The stock gallery app itself doesn't have a background and just displays thumbnails. Are you confusing the gallery app with something else? :s

Thanks for replying. This is weird! I am definitely in the native Gallery app. What I realize I am seeing is a background blurred version of the thumbnails. So as I swipe thumbnails, the blurred picture changes. When I open the image, all is fine, just when I am in the thumbnail mode!

Upvote 0
... In Ginger Bread 2.3.6 the gallery background is a "reflection effect" of the pictures thumbnails... there is nothing wrong with it.
You only see it blurred because the purpose is to show "colour contrasts" and not the actual pictures as a background.
I just can't understand the why is it bothering you so much ?
You can press the thumbnail and see the picture without any blurring.

... in contrast the gallery in JB is plain and boring.

Hope this reply is enough to satisfy your frustration.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones